extensive grounds of Radley
College, the famous boarding school for boys aged
13 to 18, lie to the north-west of the village. The
school has around 625 pupils and was founded in 1847.
The main school building is a Grade II listed building
known as the Mansion House, which was built originally
for Sir John Stonhouse. The 400-year-old Radley Oak,
with a girth of some 28 feet, is found near the College
lake in Radley Park, at the edge of the golf course.
The main entrance
to Radley College is on Kennington Road - past The Lodge
and up a drive lined with horse chestnut trees.